Thursday, September 11, 2008

Packing, Packing and More Packing!

You never really fully realize how much "stuff" you accumulate until you have to pack it all up. I started packing last weekend and I have come to the conclusion that I am an official pack-rat. Being a "crafty" person, you always hold onto things that you think you might be able to use on one of your projects. I have boxes and tags and ribbon and CD cases and other items that I have 'saved' from throwing out just so I could maybe someday use them. I always have good intentions. I hate throwing good things away. And I see these ideas on websites and think, "I could totally do that!" But then the items just sit there collecting dust while I am collecting more items!

I seriously need to do some more "downsizing". About a year or two ago, I really downsized a lot, but it appears that my collection has somehow multiplied. I sold some stamp sets and things a few weeks ago and that really helped me out, but I still have so much "stuff". I am going to HAVE to have a garage sale after I unpack. I know I am going to find a lot more when I unpack the boxes in the garage that have just been sitting there since my divorce. I know there will be things in there from my marriage and B.Z. (before Zoie) that I am not going to want. I'm kind of scared to open them to find out what else is in there. Hopefully I won't find too many little critters or creepy crawlies!

I was packing my room up and putting things in boxes a couple days ago. I looked up and Zoie had crawled into one of the boxes! She said, "Zoie go too?" I said of course Zoie could go. I tried to explain to her that mommy and Zoie were going to move into a new house for just the two of us, but I know she doesn't have a clue what I am talking about. I could be telling her we were moving to Mars and leaving in a space ship and she wouldn't know. Actually, she probably would know about the space ship part since she watches way too much Dora, but still. I know it is going to be hard on her at first, but we will manage. I might have to find a book on moving or something to help her understand.

But that is about all the excitement going on here. I still have to find a bed and get some paint. I am just going to try and do it a little at a time and not overwhelm myself. But if anyone has any tips on moving, I'd love to hear them!
Have a great weekend,

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Lindsay, Love that pic of Zoie! So cute! Sorry I don't have any tips on packing/unpacking... we moved 2 years ago and I still have tons of boxes that need unpacking! Guess I should just get rid of that stuff, if I haven't needed it by now, I probably don't need it at all!

Unknown said...

Hey girl... HUGE congrats on the new house... I'm so happy for you and Zoie!! I wish I had packing tips for you.. we moved quite a bit, I hated it every time!
Hope that all goes well with your closing!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate your kind words my friend! (((hugs)))