Monday, August 3, 2009

Today I Am...

Today I Am...

Reading: The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I love his books. I started it a couple of weekends ago, and read it when I can. I enjoy laying out in the lawnchair in the backyard and reading while Zoie plays. Ahh... bliss.

Listening To: Lenka. I love her music. It is so happy and upbeat, and mellow. It makes me smile. I {heart} it.

Obsessed With: cupcakes. I love vanilla cupcakes with a big gob of vanilla icing, and sprinkles. Yum yum! I might have to make a pit stop on the way home... hehehe.


Thinking About: Life and it's ups and downs, and how I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and a beautiful daughter who blesses me each and every day.

Planning To: Scrapbook more. I cleaned my craft room up on Sunday and now have room to sit down and create. I have been inspired by some wonderful ladies lately, and they have given me motivation to get some stuff done and work on Zoie's book!


Dreaming Of: White sandy beaches. I would love to get away and escape from the stress of everyday life, howeverI have no more vacation time off since I was on medical leave. So I will have to settle for a blue lawnchair in the backyard next to Zoie's blow-up pool, with a tall glass of Kool-Aid by my side.

Enjoying: My daughter and the funny things she says. On the 4th of July, she says to me, "Mom, these fireworks are beautiful. They look like big, beautiful flowers. They make all of my dreams come true." Another Zoie-ism: Mom, I won't let you down. I will make you proud! I want to savor all of the humorous things she says, and I try to write them down.

Working On: my patience. I am going to find more ways to relieve some stress and not get so bent out of shape over the little things. I am learning that some things are just out of my control, and I can only do what is best for me and my daughter. All I can do is focus on what is best for me and my daughter, and we will be alright.

1 comment:

Wilma Atwell said...

Hi Lindsay,
I am really glad you are doing so well. As for a vacation, everyone needs one sometimes but we all just need to slow down and enjoy the little things God has given us. Everyone is in such a hurry! You are truly blessed so enjoy it and live every day to the fullest.
I love you and Zoie.
Grandma A.