Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2nd Annual 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Contest!

I have decided to hold my 2nd Annual 12x12 Layout Contest! Last year (well, the end of 2007) I held a contest to help me get caught up with my scrapbook for Zoie. I had probably close to 10 ladies participate and received some wonderful layouts to help with Zoie's book!

Each person submitted one or more 12x12 layouts to me and I posted them all in the Paper Crafts gallery. I opened the voting to our fellow crafters, and they each chose their favorite layout. The winning layout from last year was designed by Cathryn Andrews. It was titled "Giggles" and she used a beautiful combination of blue, black, white and red patterned paper, along with a lot of flourishes and bling! She received a HUGE box of goodies from me, including 12x12 paper, embellishments and more!

Here are a few other layouts that were submitted:


To show my appreciation, I also sent each participant a goodie bag as well, for taking the time to help me complete Zoie's book with their beautiful creations.

This year, I am pretty much going to do the same thing. Each participant is welcome to send in one or more 12x12 layouts. The more layouts you make, the more chances you have to win! The layouts can be designed any way that the artist chooses. The only requirement is that you use two types of patterned paper and at least two embellishments. You can use ribbon, rub-ons, bling, letter stickers, flowers, brads, etc. Let your creative juices flow!! The more detail used, the better. I do have a few "themes" that I could use help with, so if you are up for a challenge and want to know what layouts I am needing for pictures I already have, let me know! Some themes include "A Day Out With Thomas (the Tank Engine)", Day at the Park, Halloween (She was a butterfly), Christmas (2nd and 3rd), 2nd Birthday (Thomas the Train theme), 1st Baseball Game, 1st Basketball Game, Chuck E. Cheese's, At the Lake, etc.

And now... for the good stuff. THE PRIZE!!

Depending on how many people participate, I have collected prizes accordingly. (Each participant will receive a "thank you" gift for your efforts.) If there are up to 10 participants, the prize will be a box full of goodies to include embellishments, cards, swap items, paper, stamps, etc. I have already started going through my stash, and below are some of the items that will be included. If I find anything else, I will throw it in too!


If there are 11 or more participants, the prize is going to be a New-In-Box 35mm Camera!! I will also include some scrapbooking goodies as well. You have to have some goodies to use for your layouts after you take the pictures, right?! :)
I will open the contest to the end of March, so your layouts will be due to me on April 1st. This will give you over 2 months to get your layouts completed and mailed to me. (I will email you my mailing address.) When mailing, all that I ask is that you package your layout well enough that it will not get bent in transit. We all know the post office is not the easiest on our mail. Last year I had people make their own boxes out of cardboard so that the layout remained flat. You can put it in a mailing tube, a priority box, etc., just please make sure it doesn't get damaged. I would hate for you to put time and effort into something only for it to be damaged during delivery.

I think that is it. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment to me and ask. To join, please leave a comment on this post stating that you would like to participate, so that we all know who will be entering and how many people will be participating. Please email me at ucophotogirl@hotmail.com so that I can send you my mailing address too. Please share this contest with all of your friends! The more people that participate, the more items I will put up for the prize!

Thank you for joining my contest, and I look forward to seeing your beautiful layouts!!

6 comments:

Suzanne :O ) said...

I *think* I'm interested.. I haven't made too many layouts, and I've certainly never made a pre-made layout, so I'm a little nervous! :) I know you like "bling" so I'll have to go through my stash this weekend and see what I can put together for you and Zoie! :D

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Lindsay, When are the pages due to you? I would love to participate but don't do too much scrapbooking. Your FAB pages sort of intimidate me! Ok, not sort of... they DO intimidate me! (I'm not lying either!)

Hockeygirl19 said...

Lindsay-

Welcome to the board....your challenge sounds interesting...I may give it a try! I just wanted to let you know that Simple Scrapbooks just announced that they are going to be stopping publication in the next couple months.....so, i don't know if their MB will continue. I'd like to invite you to come over to Creating Keepsakes MB where there are so many friendly, helpful, and supportive girls. I think you would feel right at home there. Hope to see you over there!

Jodi aka hockeygirl19

Stacy said...

I'm pretty much caught up with my pictures so probably won't join in but just wanted to say hi and I'm from southern Oklahoma. Love your blog; I'm adding it to my google reader :)

Brock Family said...

Hi! I saw your post on the CKMB. This sounds like so much fun and what a great way for you to get LOs done for your daughter's album! She is absolutely beautiful btw!!! I enjoyed reading your blog too. I would like to particpate!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay
I would love to do a layout for Zoie. I enjoyed making her a letter for the wall. Mary w