Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm an official BLOGGER!

I decided it was time for me to start a blog so that I can keep people posted on our lives. I'm pretty new to the whole "blog" scene, but eventually I will get the hang of it. I thought now would be the perfect time to start since so much is changing around me.
I have been a loyal member of the PaperCrafts Magazine's online community for several years now, and yesterday we received news that our beloved site is being merged. It has caused an uproar in our little community, and there are mixed feelings on the issue. My biggest problem is that we weren't notified. All they told us months ago was that we were going to have a "site upgrade" and it would be bigger and better. Well this is definitely bigger, as Creating Keepsakes, PaperCrafts and Simple Scrapbooks merged to one site. It is very difficult to navigate around, and that is probably why I have loved PaperCrafts so much. It is definitely an "older" site, but it is very user friendly. So we will see about this new change. I just wish we were more informed and the editors would have given us fair warning about the change and what to expect, as well as some instructions on how to use the new site. They still have not told us about the new "site", but someone just happened to stumble across it. I know eventually I will figure it out and get the hang of it once the glitches are fixed... I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes!
So on that note, I figured this would be a great time for me to start my own blog, as well as get caught up on my scrapbooks that I am so far behind on!
And here is a little info on what has happened in my life lately...
Zoie turned TWO. Yes, TWO. I can't believe how fast my baby is growing up. She is so smart and just a joy to be around. For the most part anyway, when she isn't throwing one of her "terrible-two's tantrum"! I am so blessed to have her in my life, and I really feel God gave her to me to save me. My life was, in some sorts, out of control. I was lacking love, purpose and meaning, and Zoie has given me all of those things. I love her with all of my heart.
I am working full time now! I found a job in real estate with C.B. Richard Ellis. We manage 3 medical offices. I do accounting, invoicing, work orders, answer phones, file, etc. The typical receptionist work. My official title is a "Real Estate Coordinator." I really like it.
Zoie and I are MOVING OUT! I am excited and ready. I found an apartment that is very nice, and pretty affordable. It is new and has a golf course, tanning beds, two pools, a gym, game room, etc. It costs the same as the apartments near my house that are very old. The only difference is mine would be a two-bed, one-bath instead of two bathrooms. Zoie's young enough she doesn't need her own bathroom, so one will be just fine for us. The only problem is that they don't have one open. They told me it would be the end of June, then it turned July, then August and now we are looking at September. I told her if one doesn't come open in Sept. then I am looking elsewhere. So we will see if something comes open.
I was recently diagnosed with arthritis. I have been having pains in my hands and feet, and since it runs in our family I had them test me. They did some blood work and it came back positive. Your ANA levels are normally 1:20 or 1:40. Mine was 1:320. So she told me to start taking Tylenol for Arthritis and if it doesn't help she referred me to a rheumatologist. It is the same one my mom uses and she likes him. Hopefully I won't get to that point yet. I've also been having stomach issues, and they tested me for ulcers. It came back normal, so at least I don't have a bleeding ulcer. The doctor put me on Nexium to help with the pain. It really does help, so I will just keep taking those before I end up getting an ulcer.I guess that is really all for now. I just wanted to try out my new "blog". I will try and post some pics soon too.

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Linsday, Your blog looks great! I didn't know about your arthritis, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to manage it with the Tylenol.